HomeNewsFootballNew York

New York City FC agrees Yes Network partnership

Major League Soccer expansion franchise New York City FC has announced a multi-year agreement to make regional pay-television sports broadcaster Yes Network its exclusive local television partner ahead of its 2015 debut in the North American club football competition.

Under the deal, Yes Network will televise all New York City FC home and away matches during the regular season throughout its traditional broadcasting area – New York State and Connecticut, north and central New Jersey and north eastern Pennsylvania.

Additionally, all games will be streamed live online via the Fox Sports Go app to authenticated Yes viewers whose operators have streaming deals in place –  at present Cablevision and Time Warner Cable.

New York City and Yes are also collaborating over ideas for coverage that complements the match broadcasts, including behind-the-scenes insights and coverage of the team’s inaugural training season from January.

The New York Yankees hold a 20 per cent stake in New York City FC. The Major League Baseball team also owns 20 per cent of Yes, with media company 21st Century Fox holding the remaining 80 per cent of the network following a deal agreed in March this year. New York City FC will play its home matches at the MLB outfit’s Yankee Stadium.