HomeNewsFootballUruguay

Uruguayan FA considers status of Full Play deal

The Uruguayan Football Association’s (AUF) secretary of economic affairs, Ignacio Alonso, has said that it is a “possibility” that the governing body could curtail its contract with the Full Play agency, which has been implicated in the corruption scandal surrounding football’s global governing body Fifa.

Alonso told newspaper El Observador: “Given the events of the last week a categorical answer cannot be given, but breaking the contract is a possibility.”

The AUF signed a rights deal covering certain Uruguay national team away games earlier this year, according to reports in the country.

Executives from the Full Play, Torneos y Competencias and Traffic Sports agencies have been accused of corruption in relation to the sale of media and marketing rights surrounding certain football matches and tournaments in the Americas by the US Department of Justice (DOJ).

The DOJ named Hugo and Mariano Jinkis, the controlling principals of Full Play, in its indictment.

This (Wednesday) morning, Interpol issued 'Red Notices' – international wanted persons alerts – for the duo plus Alejandro Burzaco, the controlling principal of Torneos.