· Football: The Dentsu and Infront agencies acquired the Rest of
· Football: Australian public-service broadcaster SBS acquired the rights for football’s World Cups in 2010 and 2014 from Fifa in a deal worth A$20m (£8.3m/€12m). The deal covers all free-to-air, pay-television and internet rights for both tournaments and, like SBS’s 2006 World Cup deal, covers Oceania, including
· Football: Pay and pay-per-view broadcaster Setanta Sports acquired secondary language rights in the
· Football: French commercial broad-caster TF1 acquired the rights for the French national team’s Euro 2008 qualifier away to
· Football: Cable and satellite broadcaster UKTV, a joint venture between BBC Worldwide and Flextech Television, owned by cable operator Telewest, acquired the non-exclusive live rights to 31 matches, and non-exclusive highlights to the remaining 33, in a sublicensing deal with public-service broadcaster the BBC. The deal is UKTV’s biggest ever acquisition.
· Commonwealth Games:
· Golf: Pan-European broadcaster SBS Broadcasting acquired the pan-Scandinavian rights to the European PGA Tour in a three-year deal from 2007 to 2009. The deal also includes the rights to the 2007 and 2009 Ryder Cups.